You can contact Louise Jelley via this website, or via Twitter @LLJelley Facebook @AuthorLLJelley or on Instagram @lljelleyauthor
Website address is: https://louisejelley.com.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of messaging us, i.e. name and email address
- Social media identifiers if making contact via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Any other information that you choose to send to us i.e. comments on the blog.
By completing our contact form or engaging in communication via social media, you are consenting to us collecting your contact details for the purposes of responding to your query or continuing the communication.
We will not send you any unsolicited communications without your prior consent or interaction via one of the aforesaid mediums.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you general communications;
- Deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to the website.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Embedded websites and third party material
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
International data transfers
- If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, Argentina and South Africa which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of your personal data
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us or you can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk